Stacy Petriuk, QC
Jensen Shawa Solomon Duguid Hawkes LLP, Calgary
Born and raised in Calgary, I graduated from the University of Calgary with my LL.B (1996) and the University of Cambridge with my LL.M (2001). I joined JSS Barristers as its fifth lawyer in 1997.
Outside the law, I enjoy baking, cooking, gardening, the arts, hiking, travelling with my husband, and keeping up with my teen daughter and her recently acquired driver’s licence.
For the past three years, I have had the privilege to serve as a Bencher of the Law Society of Alberta. This year, with your vote, I hope to continue acting in service to my fellow lawyers and the legal profession as a Bencher.
- 1997 – present | Jensen Shawa Solomon Duguid Hawkes LLP – I joined the firm as its first associate and became a partner in 2004. I was the first female Managing Partner from January 2015 to January 2018. I practice exclusively in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on professional negligence defence work and commercial litigation.
- 1996 – 1997 | Parlee McLaws LLP – Articling Student
Law Society of Alberta Experience and Community Involvement
- 2018 – Present | Elected Bencher of the Law Society of Alberta (LSA)
- 2019 – Present | Chair of the LSA Bencher Election Task Force
- 2020 – Present | Vice Chair of the LSA Lawyer Competence Committee
- 2019 | Chair of the LSA Assurance Fund Adjudication (Finance) Committee
- 2019 | Vice Chair of the LSA Practice Review Committee
- 2019 – Present | Member of the University of Calgary Law Faculty Council
- 2019 | Member of the LSA Innovating Regulation Task Force
- 2018 – Present | Member of the LSA Appeal, Assurance Fund Adjudication (Finance), Conduct, Credentials and Education, Practice Review, and Trust Safety Committees
- 2018 | Member of the LSA Policy, and Finance and Audit Committees
- 2014 – 2020 | Member of the Board of Directors of Calgary Arts Development Authority
- 2012 – 2014 | Member of the LSA Continuing Competence Committee
- 2010 – 2011 | President of the Rosedale Playschool Society
- 2001 – 2011 | Member of the Joint CBA/LSA Legislative Review Committee
- 2002 – 2005 | City of Calgary appointed member of the Calgary Region Arts Foundation
- 2002 – 2004 | Vice President Seminars of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
I am a member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, Association of Women Lawyers, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Canadian Bar Association, Calgary Bar Association, the Advocates’ Society and the American Bar Association.
I have chaired and presented at numerous seminars in Calgary and Edmonton on topics including evidence, e-trials, e-discovery, drafting pleadings and the Rules of Court.