Stacy Petriuk, KC
Jensen Shawa Solomon Duguid Hawkes LLP, Calgary
Born and raised in Calgary, I graduated from the University of Calgary with my LL.B (1996) and the University of Cambridge with my LL.M (2001). I joined JSS Barristers as its fifth lawyer in 1997.
Outside the law, I enjoy baking, cooking, gardening, the arts, hiking, travelling with my husband, and keeping up with my teen daughter and her band.
For the past 6 years, I have had the privilege to serve as a Bencher. With your vote, I hope to continue acting in service to my fellow lawyers and the legal profession as a Bencher.
- 1997 – present – Jensen Shawa Solomon Duguid Hawkes LLP – I joined the firm as its first associate and became a partner in 2004. I was the first female Managing Partner from January 2015 to January 2018. I practice exclusively in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on professional negligence defence work and commercial litigation.
Law Society of Alberta Experience and Community Involvement
- 2018 – Present – Elected Bencher of the Law Society of Alberta (LSA)
- 2021 – Present – Member of the LSA Executive Committee
- 2023 – Present – Chair of the LSA Policy and Regulatory Reform Committee
- 2023 – Present – Member of the LSA Strategic Planning Task Force
- 2022 – Chair of the LSA Conduct Committee
- 2022 – Member of the LSA Lawyer Competence Committee
- 2020 – 2021 – Vice Chair of the LSA Conduct Committee
- 2021 – Chair of the LSA Audit and Finance Committee
- 2021 – Vice Chair of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
- 2020 – Vice Chair of the LSA Lawyer Competence Committee
- 2019 – 2020 – Chair of the LSA Bencher Election Task Force
- 2019 – 2020 – LSA Member of the University of Calgary Law Faculty Council
- 2019 – Member of the LSA Innovating Regulation Task Force
- 2018 – Present – Member of the LSA Adjudication Committees
- 2018 – Member of the LSA Policy, and Finance and Audit Committees
- 2014 – 2020 – Member of the Board of Directors of Calgary Arts Development Authority
- 2012 – 2014 – Member of the LSA Continuing Competence Committee
- 2010 – 2011 – President of the Rosedale Playschool Society
- 2001 – 2011 – Member of the Joint CBA/LSA Legislative Review Committee
- 2002 – 2005 – City of Calgary appointed member of the Calgary Region Arts Foundation
- 2002 – 2004 – Vice President Seminars of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
I am a member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, Association of Women Lawyers, Canadian Bar Association, Calgary Bar Association, the Advocates’ Society, and the American Bar Association. I volunteer with Mentor Express and Mentor Connect.